For the last four days we've had blah, overcast days to contend with. Unfortunately for Caleb and Lorelei this means a lot of indoor time.
Today, as I listened to the kids argue and fight, I decided we needed to get outside and do something more active. We grabbed Lorelei's bike and Caleb's scooter and hit the sidewalk. We took some new streets in the neighborhood just to find our way around. Even after two years here, I still don't know where some of them go! When we got home the kids played a little in the sandbox and then spent about 20 minutes with our neighbor girl Hannah. When we came back inside, they were a bit better behaved, so that was a big plus!
Then tonight while I was making dinner, both kids cleaned up their rooms (without being asked!) as a surprise for mommy! I was so glad to see that the little things we have been doing each night are becoming habit for them in a good way! After dinner they had their bath and both did exceptionally well washing their own hair. I even managed to get them both rinsed off without screams of agony! Once they were in their jammies and ready for bed, we read 4 of our library books. They gave each other kisses and hugs and went to bed without even a fuss!
Tomorrow Caleb and I are off to register him for 1st grade. We'll finally know which school he'll be attending. Labor Day weekend we'll do all our shopping for school supplies.