10 September 2007

Excellent Day

This has been an excellent day! The morning started a little rough! Both kids took sugar injections this morning (AKA Lucky Charms) and were running around upstairs by 8AM. It was loud and a bit obnoxious and I'll definitely admit I was ready for school to start! Then Lorelei had a tantrum because she couldn't go and visit her Grammy Dia today. She took a nap on our little road trip to cash in our aluminium cans and after that she was in a pretty good mood.

So, I picked Caleb up from school and we headed over to Hobby Lobby and Walmart to get items for his Me Box and a few misc. things we needed here at home and he was in a really good mood. I gave him his second pill of the day right after school and I think that definitely helped. We got home at around 5PM and he immediately wanted to work on his project. So, all of us sat around the table and watched and helped him work on his box and then Phil and I took pictures of things for him with the Polaroid camera.

After his box was finished, he and Lorelei went upstairs and played nicely together until we called them down for dinner. They both ate pretty well and we all laughed when Spunky got some mac-n-cheese stuck on his butt. ;) Then they went back upstairs after dessert and finished up a movie they started right before dinner. When the movie was done they both gladly hopped into the bath, washed up, and then popped out to get jammies on and clean up their rooms.

So, even though it's a little late, they are finishing up their great day with a Bear in the Big Blue House movie. I am so proud of them today!