This week, the kids picked out their Halloween costumes. Caleb will be a swashbuckling pirate while Lorelei will be a delicate purple princess. They both found their costumes at Dollar Tree for just $1! Of course, Lorelei's dress needed some embellishing, so add about $10 for supplies and add a $1 for the hat and sword I picked up at Dollar Tree to go with the pirate costume. All in all, pretty cheap! They are excited about what they'll be and I guess that's all that matters! Of course, this has put my sewing skills to the test and I'm not sure they are quite up to par. Some of Lorelei's embellishments will be safety pinned.
Caleb finally let me cut his hair. We didn't do the buzz cut this time, instead we left the top a little longer so he has the option to spike it up if he wants too. So far, he's not all that interested in me putting mouse in it for that purpose. And, neither of his loose teeth have fallen out yet. He's not interested in wiggling and says that they will fall out on their own!
Lorelei has been a challenge this week. Bossy and whiny! I've been glad for the brief hours of peace while she's at school. It didn't help that she asked to wear her Halloween costume about 1 million times yesterday while I was busy trying to sew. I finally had to hide it away; which of course only made her question me a million times about where her costume was. I'm trying to maintain patience, and I'm actually kind of glad the kids will be with Daddy this weekend so I can get a much needed break from Miss Cranky Pants. ;)