19 May 2008

Just the usual stuff....

Caleb has 14 days left of the school year and Lorelei has just 4! Hard to believe the school year is winding down so quickly. This week is a rash of fun field trips for both kids with Lorelei heading to a local museum and for a city bus ride and Caleb hitting the school forest to learn lots of fun nature facts. I'm chaperoning for the museum, but unfortunately wasn't able to make arrangements to attend the school forest trip.

I purchased a new bike for Caleb today. Bright red with flames and appropriately enough titled "Rocket". Caleb's interest in becoming an astronaut left me with little choice but to pick this particular model from the Walmart shelves. Being that this is his first bike and he's only finally learning how to ride a two-wheeler, the training wheels are on. I have a feeling he'll be a natural though. He was already leaving bike tread tracks and racing his sister at dare devil paces.

Now that both the kids have bikes of their own (only Lorelei had one here for the last year) I'm going to be getting plenty of excercise walking along behind as they ride carefree down the sidewalks enjoying the fresh air. As soon as they both have the training wheels off I'm hoping to get a bike of my own so we can enjoy the open rode together.