14 August 2008
First Rock Climb!
Chris and I took the kids to the Y tonight to try rock climbing. Chris is an avid climber and was excited to show the kids what to do. After a bit of apprehension and a few waiver forms, both kids got on harnesses and helmets to give it a try. Despite Caleb insisting he's afraid of heights, he made a lot of attempts at the wall. He really liked falling off and getting to hang like a monkey best though. Lorelei took two or three turns as well and seemed to like it enough to maybe try again. And then...it was big mommy chickens turn. I made it to te top of the wall the first time, but wasn't using a designated route. The second time I tried a route and didn't quite get to the top. It was a lot of fun and we'll probably go back next week. I didn't get any pictures (bad mommy!) because my phone got left home on the charger, but I'll make sure to bring it next time.