04 August 2008

Rain, Rain Go Away

It threatened to rain all day here, so we didn't get to do much. We looked at Walmart for a cord to replace the broken one that goes with our car DVD player, but of course, they don't have them. I forgot to pick up milk, though I know I had reminded myself before we left to pick some up. Silly mommy! Then we checked out our new dollar store and I let the kids' pick something out just because. Caleb picked out some "power rangers" and Lorelei got a small block game that's a knockoff of Jenga. We came home and had a late lunch.

Since you could never really tell if it was going to rain or not, we played out on the patio for the late afternoon. I brought out the kids play rug, some crayons and books and they brought a few others toys. Spent a good hour just enjoying the pre-storm (which hasn't hit yet) humidity.

We watched Harry Potter 5 and they took a nice refreshing play bath before bed.