13 October 2008

Busy Weekend

We have been on the go all weekend long, and it continues today since the kids are out of school for Columbus Day.

Saturday, we trekked up to M--------------- to pick up the fish, tank and misc. items that were left behind at the apartment. Grammy drove down to meet us and we all got to go out to lunch together; which was really nice. Of course, we didn't get everything because there were things I didn't realize the kids brought in with them and other things I didn't realize I was supposed to be taking with me to care for the fish. So, George has offered to make a trip up there next weekend when Chris will be there to get the pitiful little last load.

Sunday, we drove about an hour to visit friends of ours. Since my original move four years ago I've only had the opportunity to see them one other time and it was amazing to just hop in the car and go visit for a few hours. On the way there we ran out of gas on the expressway; quite embarrassing in a Toyota Prius. Thankfully, we were about 3 minutes off our exit so our friends brought us a gallon of gas and we were able to get to a gas station without needing to go through the hassle of dealing with Roadside Assistance.

The kids had an absolute blast playing together! We hardly heard from Caleb and Lorelei the entire afternoon because they were so fascinated by all the new toys! After lunch and just some relaxing we headed over to a really nice wooden playground and let the kids loose. Of course, there was a hitch here too because Caleb's shoes got left at home. I thought they were still in the car from the night before, but he had actually carried them in the house. I suppose having three pairs of tennis shoes won't kill anyone.

We got home about 7PM last night and picked up some drive-thru. Caleb really, really wanted one of the new Matchbox car Happy Meals. And I have to admit, the light-up car is pretty cool.

George is back at work today, so the kids and I are fending for ourselves. I have a million pounds of laundry scattered about that needs to be folded and put away. The kitchen is an absolute mess (that darn counter is a magnet for junk) and we need to run out and pick up some food for the fish and maybe something that I can throw in the crock pot for dinner.