24 October 2008

Good Deed for the Day

I think I mentioned after tagging along on Lorelei's fire station field trip that her teacher had mentioned them running out of snacks quite frequently this year. The parents in this particular class are "forgetful" and so most of this week they haven't had snack, or it's been teacher provided.

Lorelei and I went to the grocery store today and before I got the cart to the check-out I remembered that I wanted to get some extra snacks for the classroom. We hit the snack aisle and tried to find some healthier items (unlike the parents who sent chocolate candy) that would store well in the classroom.

We brought them along to school when we went to go and pick up Caleb. Mrs. P-----'s face absolutely lit up when she saw what we had. I'm sure it's been a strain on her not knowing if she would have something and having to go out and pay for 23 kids to have a snack every day is definitely not cheap! I think I probably got her enough to last 2 or 3 days and hopefully next week, and the rest of the school year, this won't still be an issue!