It's that day in the football season where Sunday means the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers play each other.
Mom grew up in Titletown/the Frozen Tundra and Dad grew up in Bear country.
When Caleb was a baby my family used to joke that they were going to get us nursery gear all in green and gold. When Lorelei was a baby is was a Packer's cheerleader outfit. Both threats were mostly empty, but dad said, "Over my dead body. I'll just throw it away." Which always got peels of laughter. If we happen to be with my family during a game a lot of good natured ribbing takes place.
If you ask Caleb which team is his favorite, he's already figured out how to reply without being offensive to the Green Bay or Chicago side, "I like the Packers (or Bears), but I also like the Bears (or Packers). They are both my favorite." Smart boy.
Thankfully, when it comes to baseball, our families agree...Go Cubbies!