30 November 2008

Tomorrow, I Declutter the Toys!

It's about that time of year. The time when I take stock of the kids toys and start getting rid of some in preparation for jolly Old Saint Nick to walk in through the garage and deposit gifts.

Tonight, I sent Caleb and Lorelei upstairs to pick up the huge mess they'd made. This was about 7:15. At 8:45, they weren't done yet. Yeah, the mess was that big. Caleb is a bucket dumper. Anything in a bucket or bin will eventually end up all over the floor of his room. And that's precisely what happened today.

So, we sent them to bed anyway because we'll hopefully have school tomorrow and I realized that I need to get my butt in there and declutter.

First on my list -- annoying McDonald's Happy Meal toys. They are totally fabulous in the car for a little while, but once they get in the house...I'm so done with them!