

As you can see...yesterday my hair was shoulder length and this morning it is most certainly not!
My friend Beth, whom I met online and have talked to just once on the phone, is currently battling cancer. Yesterday, she shaved her head as the hair loss began due to her chemotherapy treatments. And, so I offered to shave my head too.
Obviously, I didn't quite get to shaved. I was talked out of it by George and the stylist thought I should do something short, but cute since I have the "face for it". So, this is what we ended up with. I was not able to donate the hair I removed. It's unfortunate, but it was just not healthy enough.
I knew I was doing the right thing when the stylist informed me that she lost both her sister and her mother to different forms of cancer. She thought it was pretty cool that I'd get rid of all my hair for a friend.
I am proud to have short hair in honor of my friend. I am glad that she is sharing the ups and downs of her cancer so that we can support her. And I'm hoping that now we'll finally get together and get some pictures together of our gorgeous heads.
It's hair. It grows back. It was completely worth it!