This afternoon after picking up Caleb from school I decided to do a little scrapbooking. Lorelei was overly interested in what I was doing. She kept picking through all my papers and bits. Her creative side intrigued with all the wonderful colors and patterns and shapes.
So, I let her have a few pieces and she stole a few more pieces, to glue them together and make, well...something. After I had finished the card I was working on which was part of a theme challenge, she was in awe over it. She kept asking to look at it, which in Lorelei speak means touch it. Which can lead to trouble, but she was very gentle with it.
As I cleaned up my stuff of the table so that it would be ready for us to sit down and eat she asked me in her sweetest little Luli voice:
"Mommy, will you make me a card?"
So I asked her what kind of card she wanted and she said she wanted a Christmas card.
I just finished up making it for her about 30 minutes ago. Wrote her a little Christmas note and plan to put it in her stocking for Christmas morning.
Of course, this means I have to make Caleb one. Due to a shortness of Christmas-type papers I'm going to have to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and get some additional supplies. But that's okay. I can't leave out my Bug.