Well, this morning was our first day back to school after 2 weeks of vacation.
To say it was hectic would be an understatement. Two weeks of not setting an alarm made it nearly impossible for me to get out of bed this morning. In fact, I hit snooze for 36 minutes.
When I finally got out of bed it was already about 20 minutes to 8 and we normally drop them off at 8:15AM. I got Lorelei some clothes. And I rambled about for a bit. I don't wake up so quickly in the morning. After trying to rouse George I went and found Caleb some clothes. He was highly resistant to getting out of bed himself.
George got them some poptarts for breakfast since we were short on time. They ate, brushed teeth and it was already time to walk out the door.
When I picked up Lorelei from school, I had walked. I do this if weather permits to give me some exercise. She cried almost the entire way home. She was just beat after a half day back to school. In fact, she spent most of the afternoon sneaking Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and marshmallows from the pantry while sitting on the couch vegging to some cartoons she was interested in.
Both kids were upset when I decided that walking was also best for picking up Caleb this afternoon.
Apparently though, they had good days. Caleb was glad to have had a nice recess and to see his buddies again after the long break. Lorelei I think was also glad to see her friends, but was too busy sneaking snacks to say so.
I'm hoping the rest of the week isn't quite so difficult. George flies out to Las Vegas early Wednesday morning and won't be home until next Monday.