So, Caleb and Lorelei both came running downstairs to tell me that the light in the bathroom had turned black and that there were sparks.
What?
I headed upstairs to see what all the commotion was about. And lo and behold, it appears I am trying to start the house on fire.
I hung a necklace on our nightlight in the bathroom. And yes, the nightlight was plugged into the outlet. When Lorelei turned on the light in the bathroom, it moved the necklace chain, which touched the metal prongs of the nightlight. This, of course, produced an electrical charge, which blew the nightlight, produced sparks, melted said Lia Sophia necklace and uh, probably killed the wall plug. Which is now black.
Really though, I was NOT trying to start the house on fire. It's very cold outside right now. I don't want to live in my car.
George will take a look at it tomorrow. For now, I'm on high alert and have asked the kids not to use the light switch in the bathroom. For fear that something else will trigger an electrical fire upstairs.