03 March 2009

The Mighty 300

The Mighty 300. Kind of sounds like a stock car race, doesn't it?

Yes, this is the 300th post. The 300th time I've published something on Bug and Bee for all the world to see. The 300th time I've captured something from our day to day life in words.

There are days when I'll go through and read things I wrote almost 2 years ago when I started this. Things I don't even remember ever happening because they are quite insignificant. And quite boring honestly. And there are posts that I read now and I just roll with laughter over that particular moment. A moment I probably wouldn't even remember after so long if it weren't for the fact that I sat down and took a moment to write about it.

That's what this blog is for me. It's those little moments.

Some day when I've gotten sick of blogging {Not that I think that will happen because there's always too much floating around in my head.} I plan to print out all the entries for the kids. A book of sorts about the things they did during this blogs life. Stupid things about what we did at the library and how proud I was that they could stir boiling water with noodles in it. My only regret is that this blog doesn't span a longer time frame. I haven't even captured 2 years of their lives yet. I have missed out on recording so many wonderful/mundane/strange/funny memories because I didn't know about blogs until much later.

In the space between where the baby books end and this blog starts there are blank spots and lost moments. And I suppose they'll forgive me for that.