20 March 2009

A Very Long Day

The kids have been out of school for a week now. Between the three days I took them out for traveling and the two days they've now been home sick -- it's been a really long week. For the most part, they've been well behaved. And hey, when you're sick -- it's not like you can help being a little crabby.

Today, however, they are on the mend. After a 2nd dose of antibiotics the energy started to kick back in. So did the restless feeling. And I'm telling you I was very glad when bedtime came around and I could get them settled down and enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet.

Tomorrow -- cleaning is on the agenda. Bedrooms will be cleaned. Carpets will be cleaned. Bathrooms will be scrubbed. The downstairs will be gone through and arranged. Laundry will be finished. I had no idea it would be so hard to keep up with all the traveling we've been doing. But, catch up we will tomorrow!

In fact, the Christmas tree will finally come down too. I took all the ornaments off this afternoon and threw them into the plastic bins. After this long, I just don't care if they are wrapped all nice and pretty.