When Lorelei got home from school today she wanted to go to the park. Now I can't blame her one bit because it's an absolutely perfect spring day. Mother Nature has apparently figured out what season we are in and the sunshine is calling.
So, I told her we would go when Caleb got home from school. Because I didn't want to exclude him from a fun time at the park and I also didn't want to go twice. I know, I know, that's a lame excuse on my part, but I will admit that I find going to the park quite dull. Other than occasionally pushing Lorelei on the swings, I have nothing to do there.
Anyway, now that I've admitted to being the worst mother EVER....
Caleb came home from school and plopped down on the couch. He said he had a headache. He also had a note from the nurse saying he had visited and apparently the school attempted to call George a few times. Since he doesn't check his phone and sleeps very late -- I wasn't aware until Caleb told me.
So, no park. For the moment anyway.
I sent Caleb upstairs to lay down and watch some cartoons after giving him a few children's aspirin to try and settle the headache. George and I discussed and he called and set up an appointment while I took temps and checked throats. A few minutes after getting the appointment scheduled I was talking to Caleb and he was saying some weird thing about his lips being in his mouth which I didn't get at all. And then, green puke. All over the carpet in my room. And did you know green puke stains light colored carpet? Well it does.
So, definitely no park.
It's finally spring. We can finally go outside and I was even willing to suffer a visit to the park to enjoy the sunshine. And at least Caleb is sick. I will never promise a trip to the park after he gets home again. I'm just going to take the girl and go.