30 May 2009

Oh the drama {queen}!

Today, I took the kids to a place called Airtastic. I found out about Airtastic a month or two ago and have wanted to go for awhile, but we've just never made it over there. It's a huge building full of those inflatable bounce house type objects. Perfect for little energy demons like my two.


I paid for two hours of playtime for us since it was our first visit and I didn't think I'd be able to drag them out of there for anything. Apparently, an hour would have been more than sufficient. About 45-60 minutes after we got there, Lorelei came over to me in the "parents area" {I needed a short break from running and bouncing with them.} crying and holding her arm. Of course, I sat her down and was trying to look at her arm, but she wouldn't let me near it. I couldn't even caress it gently without her bellowing about how much it hurt.

Since she was holding it at a funny angle, I decided that we'd better pack up and head home so that I could further evaluate and decide if she needed a doctor of just maybe a good bandaging. I found Caleb and we had our wrist bands removed and received a nice disposable ice pack to bring along for our car ride.

Before we got home? Lorelei's arm was fine.

Yeah. Exactly.

So, next time we go, I'm not leaving unless her arm has fallen off. Because it was over $20 for us to go there today and we lost half of that money leaving early. Obviously, not her fault -- but still.