17 August 2009

It's been busy around here!

The days have slipped by so quickly. I don't even know where one starts and the next begins.

I suppose we'll start with Lorelei starting with her cheerleading group. The Fox Valley Gators.



We spend our evenings at a local park while she has practice. Starting at the end of the month we'll be going to games so that she can cheer. So far it's been a great experience. Tonight was picture night and as soon as I have ours back I'll post her "professional" cheer pictures for you to see. Let me tell you -- she looked adorable!

We got a new pool! Our baby pool wasn't cutting it and we were wanting to spend more time outside.



Talk about enjoyment! The kids and I have fully taken advantage of the gorgeous weather when it's happened and we've spent a lot of time in the last few weeks in our pool. I'll be very sad to take it down next weekend.

Caleb started and finished his first chapter book of over 100 pages last week while we were at cheer practice. Made me so proud to see him finally try to read a book of that length. He's been insisting for so long that he couldn't...but obviously...he can!




School starts in exactly one week. I'm not sure if we're looking forward to that or not? We dropped in today to try and get a look at which classes the kids were in, but they won't be out until Thursday. I think I'm more excited than they are.

I've started collecting up supplies and luckily we have a few key things still laying around from last year which is fantastic! Should help us save a little money anyway.

There's more, but perhaps I'll get around to some more posts. We'll see! We've been really, really busy!