

I put up the tree today. I know, I know, I should probably let the kids help, but I'm a bit obsessive about where the ornaments go. They are used to this and honestly, after an ornament or two are sick of helping with it anyway, so they let me be. The tree is 7.5 feet tall and prelit (same tree we had last year) and that's every ornament minus about 5 that we lost due to poor repackaging on my part and the two that fell off the tree today. Of those two at least one was salvageable. Thank goodness because it was one of Lorelei's ornaments that she's very fond of. Oh, the wonders of super glue! I also put up the stockings and we found that Caleb's stocking has been lost somewhere in the shuffle. Thankfully he was okay with using one of the other stockings we had (there were a few extras) and so it all worked out quite well.