16 December 2009

The Eyes of a Six Year Old

Tonight I took Lorelei with me to the mall because I needed to visit Hallmark and pick up an exchange ornament. Going to the mall during the holidays has become a torture session as an adult. It's always busy. People are rude and pushy -- and the clerks are overworked and crabby. But, we had to go and I figured it would be good mom-daughter time for Lorelei and I and so I invited her along.

Well, it's been a long time since I was six and believe me when I say that tonight was an awesome trip to the mall. From the moment we walked in Lorelei couldn't believe the decorations. And SANTA!!!! {Taking both kids back tomorrow to see Santa!} And the HUGE tree with all the HUGE ornaments. And the wreaths! And just in general everything she saw was AMAZING and WONDERFUL and AWESOME.


We even took pictures {crappy ones with my phone} at the little snowman and reindeer thing they had set up precisely for that. Now is that a happy little reindeer or what?