15 August 2007

First Library Card

Caleb and I took a trip to the local library today and got him his very own library card! He was pretty excited to be able to get books and movies that he likes anytime for free. I also explained to him that he's responsible for the books that he borrows and has to take very good care of them, or he could end up owing the library money. He didn't like that idea very much!

While we were at the library he played with one of the wooden train sets in the children's area and he helped me pick out a couple of movies. Two Bob the Builder and one Angelina Ballerina. I picked out the books for both kids. Most of them about the first day of school. We also got an I Spy Treasure Hunt because both of the kids have been enjoying finding the hidden items in those books when they get the chance.

After the library we picked up Lorelei from school. We found her playing in the sandbox throwing out pretty "sparkles" (aka sand) that were pink, green, silver and gold. Quite the imagination! She had her swimming lessons today and said she got to go in the deep end of the pool and off the diving board. They also made books about the different planets in the solar system and how many moons each had.