We have roughly 22 days until the official first day of school, September 4th! I don't know who is more excited, me or the kids?
Caleb will be entering the 1st grade the first grade this year and I think he's a bit apprehensive about going to a new school and making all new friends, but I know he'll do great! We've already got his new Spiderman backpack and a few assorted odds and ends. I'll be registering him next week and will find out then which school in our area he'll be attending so that we can finish up his school supply shopping. The school closest to our house may be full; which could potentially give us the option of having Caleb ride the bus to and/or from school each day. Caleb's day will start at 8:45 and end at 3:30.
Lorelei will be entering 4-K, a new program for our area this year. It's at the YMCA where she is in daycare, and her current teacher, Miss Ally, is doing the teaching. Having known Ally for about two years now, she's absolutely wonderful with the kids. She'd love to have Lorelei come back full time days if I'd let her. Lorelei will be "in school" from 9:00 to 11:30 and then she'll probably stay for a few hours of daycare until I'm finished with work around 2:30.
I am really looking forward to this school year! Caleb wasn't living with me last year and so I missed out on everything but his first day. This year I really want to get involved and hopefully do some volunteering and such with his class.