Lorelei had her first day of preschool today. I think she was a bit nervous before we left, but once she got there, she was the only kid waving me away with a smile. I had thought she might want me to stick around for a little bit, you know how kids can be, but she found something she wanted to play with, recognized the teacher and class and was set to go. So, I went home. (I'll have pictures soon, I had to take them with a different camera, and now can't find the cord for it.)
Of course, not being used to her now being at school, I was almost late picking her up. I got absorbed in a book and didn't realize how late it had gotten. She was all smiles. They had story time, had graham crackers for snack and all in all she enjoyed preschool. I also volunteered for 2 or 3 more weeks in her class since they didn't have enough of the parents sign up on the original sheet. One of these weeks I'll have to remember to write it all down so I remember when I have to be there.