23 December 2007

Lesson in Batteries

Caleb's winter concert was a lesson in bringing batteries. My mom, Lorelei and I attended the 10AM concert. I had the camera I borrowed all set and ready to go, had just learned to use it the night before. The kids walk in and I snap a few pictures of my handsome guy. I get a 15 second video of the principal speaking...and the batteries die. Now, we're in the LAST row of the gym, we can barely see. After 1st grade finishes, we leave and I'm terribly upset about missing this moment on video. Then I remember...I can come back for the 2 o'clock concert. My mom was gracious enough to take Lorelei for the day to run some errands and so I returned at 1:30 for the 2nd showing of the annual winter concert.

When I get there...the line extends from Caleb's classroom clear down to almost the next exit. It's packed already and I panic I won't get a good seat. Thankfully, I banked 2nd row, 3rd seat from the left side and right in front of where Caleb will be standing. They come in and I steal myself for the new batteries I've installed to fail part way through...but they don't. For the next 6 minutes I catch my baby boy in his 1st grade Christmas concert on video and I'm oh so proud!

As soon as I can get a copy of the file, I will be adding it for your viewing pleasure.

Also, be prepared for more pictures. I bought a 2GB sd card for my camera, I can now take roughly 3000 pictures at any given time! Go mom!