21 February 2008

A Rash of Bloody Noses

Caleb has been stricken with bloody noses the last two days. His first was yesterday morning. I woke up to the sounds of him crying and Lorelei almost shouting that Caleb had blood in his nose. It was pretty bad and I was wondering how one small little boy could have quite that much blood in his nose. Of course, waking up to that was not pleasant, but we got him cleaned up and off to school he went. He didn't have any mishaps at school so I thought we were in the clear. During bath last night however, he had another small bit of bloody nose. We easily took care of that and off to bed he went. I think he may have had a bit more blood overnight, but nothing that woke him up so I didn't worry about it. And now, just a few minutes ago, he had yet another bloody nose. This one soaked a good portion of blanket, his pj's and some of his sheets. He's very upset that he's having all these bloody noses and I don't know how to make them stop. I'm going to talk to my mom about a humidifier to try and lessen the dryness in the air and I'm hoping that helps. If not, perhaps we may have to visit the pediatrician and see if she has any advice for us.