This morning's drop off was a little better for Lorelei. She brought this little stuffed snake my mom and I won last year at a carnival with her. I told her that she would probably only be able to have it at rest time, or it may have to go in her backpack all day, but I guess we'll see what her teacher does. I managed to catch her for about 10 seconds before she went in to school to let her know that Lorelei had brought it and why I'd allowed it. I'm hoping that having something from home with her will make things a little better. So long as she doesn't try to bring every stuffed animal in the house I think we might be okay. And why she chose this particular little stuffy...I'm not really sure, but if it made her happy...I was all for it. Another little girl was just wailing, "I want to go home!", as I was leaving and I was relieved it wasn't Lorelei and felt so bad for her mom who probably needed to leave for work or something. Ah, kids!
Last night we had a homework break-through! Caleb has just been dead set on homework being boring and NOT wanting to do it. We spent over an hour on homework last Friday which should definitely not have taken that long and then a good 45 minutes Monday night (and that didn't include his reading time!). Last night...20 minutes, plus his 10 minutes of reading at bedtime. So much better! I haven't quite figured out his issue with homework. I know that last year we really never had any to work on, so that might be part of it. It's not too hard for him so that's definitely not the issue. I'm also guessing it's not because he's off of his Ritalin or he'd be having problems at school and I know his teacher would let me know about that because I was very clear on his paperwork that he was diagnosed ADHD and off his medication.
And the kids' are absolutely loving hot lunch. It's actually kind of fun to find out later in the day what they picked off the menu. And let me just say, the choices are way better than when I was a kid!