Oh, I felt so bad for Lorelei tonight!
We went to swimming lessons as planned and everything was going along swimmingly. (haha, Mommy made a funny!) As usual, Caleb and Lorelei were more into splashing and goofing than actually listening, but well, you can't discipline from your spot on the bleachers. About half way through the lesson, Lorelei gets out of the pool to go potty. They tell her she can only go if her mom is with her, so I oblige (of course) and walk her to the bathroom. She has to go #2 real bad. Well, we make it into the bathroom, she gets into the stall, but the swimsuit doesn't quite make it off before the teeniest, tiniest little bit of #2 escapes.
She literally freaks out. I mean, if you've not heard Lorelei scream I can't even begin to describe it, but it's loud and it vibrates and to make matters worse...we're in a locker room bathroom. So, at first, I think maybe it missed her swimsuit, but it has not. So...we have a screaming child who now can not go back into the pool and finish her lesson. Commence more and louder screaming. I leave her in the stall and rush back out to the bleachers by the pool to get her towel and on my way through the locker room grab her clothes. I can hear her saying, "I want my mommy!", in that pathetic sobbing voice that just tugs at your heart.
As soon as she sees her towel and clothes more sobbing, crying and panic. She asks me to wash them out, clean them, use soap...anything...just please don't make her miss the rest of her swim lesson. Unfortunately, this is not something I can accomplish in 30 seconds or less in locker room at a junior high school. I mean, I would have loved to just rinse the suit and let her jump back in...but well, that's just kinda gross.
So, she finally finishes going potty (after almost throwing her towel in the toilet) and sobs her way back into her clothes. We get plenty of tissue for her nose and we head out to the bleachers to watch the rest of the kids finish the swim lesson.
Except, that the little blonde girl sitting just down the bleachers says hi and Lorelei goes down by her to color with pens. She didn't even watch the rest of the swim lesson, or even know when it was over. So...I guess we'll just hope next week is better....