22 September 2008

Just Another Monday

Caleb was again a Super Speller and on the Shining Stars lists for last week! His reading is definitely improving as well. Tonight, because of the 100% on his spelling list and the Shining Stars status I gave him a reprieve from homework right after school and let him do it after watching a little bit of PBS. He did a great job getting his math sheet completed and wrote out his spelling words twice for practice. He had to catch an ant for school this week. I accidentally beheaded the poor thing trying to check on it this morning, so we had to catch another on our walk to school this morning. Thankfully we found a nice large ant and that made him a happy kid!

Lorelei got dropped off without incident this morning; and we didn't even knock any kids out either! I think next month she'll start getting some homework type stuff, but I was considering getting her a kindergarten age workbook so that she has something to work on while Caleb is getting his stuff done. Then maybe she won't interrupt so much.