17 October 2008

Caleb's Good/Bad Day

First, Caleb was all excited because he had a note from his teacher. Excited? About a note home from the teacher? I was confused.

Apparently, his 2nd grade teacher from M-------- School sent the rest of his graded homework papers and a writing journal to A----------- School with a little sticky note in the corner that read:

Hi Caleb,
I hope things are going well at your new school. We miss you at M--------.
Love, Mrs. F----- =)


Isn't she great? Didn't I tell you I loved his teacher there? I'm hoping I still have an address somewhere so I can send her a card, or something, to show my appreciation for her dedication to the kids. She is wonderful!

I found the bad part of Caleb's day when we got home. In his homework folder was a sheet of loose leaf paper with
"I must be quiet during silent reading time."
filling up most of the page. He has to finish writing it to cover both sides of the paper as his homework assignment for the weekend. I'm not happy that his behavior warranted this. I have no doubt he was given ample warnings about talking before his teacher handed out a punishment. I'm more than sure he deserves it because I know he can be a chatty little guy when in the mood. My unhappiness stems from the fact that I know without a doubt that he knows what's expected of him at school and this is the first punishment I've ever known him to get. I hope this doesn't become a reoccurring problem.