10 October 2008

Christmas Ideas

Since Christmas is my favorite holiday, I'm always excited to start purchasing gifts for the kids. Last year, I went way overboard. Seriously overboard! It took at least an hour for the kids' to open all their presents. This year, I want to tone it down quite a bit as far as the number of presents, but I want to get them things they'll really enjoy.

First on the list for both kids is a Nintendo DS. I'm thinking a pink one for Lorelei and a blue one for Caleb. I'd like to get bundle packs if possible so that they have cases for travel. And then I'm thinking 3 games for each of them, though I don't what games to get yet. Though for LEGO Batman is top of the list for Caleb.

On the list for Lorelei is an American Girl Doll and since they don't have any with short hair like she has, I think this one is really cute and has a dress and hair that she would like. I don't know about additional outfits, but I'd probably get the display stand to try and keep the doll looking nice.

Also, for Lorelei, I found this Imagine! Play Desk by Fisher-Price, but it gets horrible reviews. I'm hoping I can find something similar to it because she is so intent on learning to read and write that I thought this would be something she'd really enjoy.

I have no other ideas for Caleb. What do you get a 7 year old boy who has asked Santa for everything he's seen on recent television commercials? I have considered this Ben 10 Alien Creation Chamber because it looks cool and he loves action figures. Other than that, I have no good ideas for him. He's at that age where I assume he'll be growing out of some things and really getting into others soon, but how do you know what will be "cool" ahead of time?