14 October 2008

Lorelei Has A Pen Pal

The day of our move, one of the mom's from Lorelei's kindergarten class called. I thought she might be inviting Lorelei to a birthday party so I rushed to let her know that we'd moved and would no longer be at ---------------- School.

She already knew we were moving because her daughter Laurel was in Lorelei's class and had mentioned it along with the fact that she was going to miss playing with Lorelei. She asked if it would be okay for Laurel to send pictures and letters to Lorelei and of course I said yes. I gave her our new mailing address and kind of forgot about it.

George got the mail yesterday and there was an envelope addressed to Lorelei. Inside was a picture that Laurel had drawn and a note that her mom wrote for her. It's so cute!

So, Lorelei is "writing" back to Laurel by drawing her a picture of our neighborhood and her school. Mom gets to write the letter. I'm excited to see how long they'll exchange letters for and wonder if perhaps we couldn't get the girls together sometime for a weekend playdate; even if it is a 2.5 hour drive.