05 October 2008

We Are Moved!

Well, we made it! This whole weekend has been long and tiring, but the traveling part is at least finished. George and I are working on getting the garage cleaned out, the U-Haul unpacked and of course laundry, cleaning and unpacking things as they come to our attention. The kids are enjoying being home. Of course, they are 100% comfortable being here at the house again, so it hasn't been much of a change for them. We had to spend a couple of hours in the car again today, but I suppose now we won't have to take any road trips for awhile.

Despite the mess and the utter chaos of the house at the moment, I'm really looking forward to us all being settled. I'm coming up with ideas for decorating the kids rooms. Lorelei would like her walls repainted pink (yellow at the moment) and I think Caleb would like to keep his room blue. Lorelei needs bedroom furniture, so I'll get to go shopping for that once we have it cleaned out. For now they are sharing Caleb's room. It's a bit crowded in there and I don't even think the toys will fit in it's current state, but it will work for the time being.

Tomorrow is their first day at their new school. I have to go out tonight and pick up some supplies that are different from what they had before. Thankfully, the lists are much shorter than before so I won't have to spend a fortune. Hopefully, I don't get lost trying to find the store in the dark!