02 November 2008

Happy Birthday Uncle J!

So, we drove up to Green Bay this weekend to share in the festivities for my brothers' 26th birthday. It was by no means a huge celebration, just immediate family, over at his house to help him ring in another year. We had a wonderful time and his wife bakes awesome cakes! It was seriously yummy, even if I only did eat a small piece of it.

I had no idea what to get him for his birthday before we got up there and the only idea I'd had was a gas card. That seemed pretty lame to me as the entire gift. When we went over to the gas station I started looking for something funny to go with it as a joke. And then, much to my delight I found a bright pink 1970's Charger Matchbox (or maybe not Matchbox) car. And it was totally overpriced because it was for sale in a gas station, but I had to get it. I taped the gift card to the back of it and wrapped it in a big ole box. (I love my brother!) When he opened his card I had written, "So, it's probably not your color, but flip it over already!", and that thoroughly confused him until he actually got the present and flipped it over!

After the little party the whole family headed over to our hotel and went swimming. Minus me and my mom. I've been feeling under the weather with what's left of Caleb and Lorelei's little sicknesses last week and just did not want to swim. The kids all had a blast though! My niece and nephew are just too cute and they love being in the water as much as my two.

This morning we had were kind of leisurely about getting up and getting going. We had a yummy breakfest compliments of our hotel and then took a quick drive around so George could see what had changed around town since he had lived there about ten years ago. Caleb and Lorelei were asking if we were home yet long before we were ever even close and eventually we had to stop and let everyone out to stretch out the legs and wiggle out those crabbies.

It was a great weekend! Can't wait to get to go back and visit for Thanksgiving!