If there is one positive to cooler weather, it's that I want to cook when it's cold. I like having the oven on when the temperatures outside aren't as pleasant as I'd prefer. I love it when the crock pot is on all day filling the house with delicious smells.
George, Caleb and I are not picky eaters so that just leaves Lorelei to try and please. I've been looking for awhile this morning to see what recipes peak my interest, and more notably get my crock pot going.
So far, these three sound super delicious:
Cranberry Pork Roast
Ingredients:
16oz cranberry sauce
3tbsp & 1 3/4 tsp french salad dressing
2/3 onion, sliced
3lbs boneless pork loin roast
Directions:
Mix together cranberry sauce, dressing and onion. Cover the roast with sauce and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Delicious Pot Roast
Ingredients:
1 beef roast
1 pkg. dry brown gravy
1 pkg. dry Italian dressing
1 pkg. dry Ranch dressing
1/2 cup water
Directions:
Deliver roast to crock pot. Mix gravy and dressing mixes. Sprinkle over roast. Pour water around roast. Cook on low 7-9 hours.
Tator Tot Casserole
Ingredients:
1 1/2lbs ground beef/turkey
1 can peas or green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp minced onion
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
shredded cheese
frozen tator tots
Directions:
Brown the beef or turkey. Layer meat, veggie then tator tots on top. Mix soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper and pour over the layers. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Top with cheese and bake an additional 20 minutes.
They sound good don't they? And super simple? And warm!
I'm very much a "roast" girl. I love my meat and potato dishes. What I like most about these recipes is they don't require a ton of ingredients and they aren't weird ingredients. They could all be used in other recipes if I decided I didn't want one of the above as a meal. Did I mention they sound good?