Since I was in bed not feeling well this morning, George sent a note to Caleb's teacher letting her know about the little recess issue from Monday. He asked her to just send a reply back so that we knew she'd gotten the note (because you know how kids are) and to let us know what the outcome of the situation was, or you know, if they wanted to speak with us and Caleb in person.
Here is her reply:
"I sent your note, and Alex, to the office first thing this morning. His mother was called and he received two days recess detention.
Please let me know if Caleb has any more troubles."
I wasn't necessarily expecting that the kid would really get in any kind of trouble, especially if this was a first offense, but I'm glad they took it seriously. I mean nobody wants to have to deal with the school in this manner, or get someone's kid in trouble, because that's not fun for anyone.
We also told Caleb that in the future, if he has an issue with someone at school, that he needs to immediately discuss it with his teacher. Hearing it 2nd hand from us, two days later, makes it harder for the school to deal with. At that point, the other kid might even have forgotten the incident.