19 December 2008

Snow Day!

We got our wish and school was closed today. We actually got more ice than snow, so I'm sure the roads just weren't good enough to haul all the kids in. We had another warning out too apparently, but it's been canceled now.

The kids are enjoying the fact that they get an extra day off, but I'm wondering now what we'll do for the next two weeks? I've got to come up with something to keep them from driving each other, and me, absolutely crazy.
--------------------------------
So, it's time for a puppy update.

Max is assimilating well. He and Duke are still working things out which can be funny and annoying all at the same time. I believe for the most part Max is willing to give Duke all leadership roles, but he still occasionally gets feisty and fired up.

We've had some accidents in the house. The only plausible explanation we can come up with is that Max finally started eating regularly (as he adjusted to his new environment he didn't eat much) and so his former ability to go 4 or 5 hours inbetween potty breaks just isn't cutting it now. He does tend to go and sit by the door if he has to go, so we just have to make sure we are diligent in watching for his signs.

He's figured out how to jump on and off the couch now. He's also figured out the evil stairs. He has not figured out, or gotten brave enough, to jump off our bed yet. It's pretty high and intimidating for a puppy. He's not having accidents overnight while sleeping with us, so that's also very good cause I don't think anyone wants to wake up to puppy poo or pee in the middle of the night.