24 February 2009

This Morning -- Did NOT Happen

First off, I did not black out in my kitchen this morning. Not 10 minutes after waking up. Not while I should have been strangling my children for being so darn sassy. No. I did not black out this morning.

Second, the kids did not start at each other the very minute they got out of bed. I was not already annoyed with them and their behavior by the time I got out of bed. There was no crying, and certainly no whining. Lorelei did not wait until almost 8 o'clock to finally have a shirt and a pair of socks on her body. And I didn't have to get them for her. She did not refuse breakfast. Caleb did not once again throw a fit about having to tie his own shoes.

This morning did NOT happen.

Instead, I woke up to a delicious Starbucks. And Facebook. And a quiet house with children already gone to school. Yep. That's what really happened today. My story and I'm sticking to it.

In other news, I'm getting a tattoo today. And if finances allow, the nose piercing I'm allowed only over my mother's dead body. Because I'm going to be 29 again this year and I'm old enough to do both.

My friend is taking me to the tattoo shop where she goes and so I'm pretty sure I'm in good hands. She'll be taking lots of pictures for me.

And I won't say where the tattoo is going to be. Unless you are friends with me on Facebook and then you already know. And you already know that I don't care what you think about the location of tattoo number two. So, I'll assume you won't say anything.

I am super excited!