29 August 2007

Rough Day & Last Day of Daycare

Today ended up being a really rough day for Caleb and I. I don't know what set him into motion this afternoon, but he threw quite a number of tantrums compared to normal. I know he's missing daddy, he found his grammy & grampy's dog died, and he's plain bored being here all day without the interaction he's used to from being in daycare. It's so hard to see him feeling and acting out like this. I honestly hope that the next six days fly by so he can start to enjoy himself and make some friends at school.

Today was also Lorelei's last day of daycare. I picked her up about an hour early to try and catch Teacher Aly before she left for the day and my plan worked. We got a quick picture of the two of them, said good-bye to their pet guinea pig Penelope and grabbed all of her things from her cubby. I was actually kind of sad, it's like she's moving into an entirely different world now. Teacher Aly told me that she'd been working on a Christmas play for the kids to perform for the parents and had the main character set for Lorelei based on her personality and style. :) That's my girl!