******************PRESENTING****************
Pumpkins 2008
Pumpkins 2008
I bought Mr. & Mrs. Potatohead pumpkin kits at Target for the kids. Caleb got the vampire kit and Lorelei got the Pretty Princess kit. The packaging indicated ages 2+ so I assumed it was something the kids would do on their own while I snapped photos, but that wasn't exactly how it worked.
All of the individual pieces are designed like they could be used for a traditional Mr. Potatohead, but that doesn't really work so well for actually sticking them into the side of a pumpkin, so with a very sharp knife I had to make holes for each piece to be slid into.
Regardless, Caleb and Lorelei seriously enjoyed the activity and it gave daddy some time to get the biggest pumpkin cleaned out for carving purposes.

The kids decided that our pumpkin should have a half-friendly smiley face and a half-scary toothy face. And George and I attempted to oblige them.
Yes, we realize that we are definitely not in the caliber of those who could be called professional pumpkin carvers, but...I mean hey, we tried!